Comptons

Comptons
Family Christmas 2010

Monday, December 12, 2011

First meeting with Dimitar - God answers prayers


God answers prayers!  Our first meeting was scheduled for 10:30am today.  That's 3:30am EST!  We sat nervously in a room with some toys, 2 chairs and a footstool.  We were accompanied by Didi (DeeDee), and the director of the orphanage as the social worker went to get Dimitar.  We heard an excited exchange between an adult and child nearby.  Tears came to my eyes.  This little guy, who has only been a two-dimensional photo was just around the corner.  What would he think of us?  As they entered the room a small boy with dark brown hair, a shy smile and beautiful blue eyes came to me and hugged me.  A huge bear hug!  He was saying I've waited for you my whole life, I'm so glad you're here and don't leave all in this one moment.  The social worker told him that Santa brought him some guests.   We are the guests we were told that all of the children wait for.  What a special greeting - Stuart received the same never-ending hug with the look of "well, what do we do now?"  



We bought some toys, with the help or not so much of our kids to give to him.  He quickly went through the 3 we took.  He is all boy and very active.  Extremely detail oriented too.  He put everything away so nicely...even while we were in the middle of a game.  He repeated several American words that we said and communicated much better than I imagined.  His hair has gotten darker than the picture we have (posted in August) and his checks are swollen due to lack of oral hygiene.  I'm glad that Papa is a dentist and will be able to help.  He smelled nice and clean.  His finger nails were recently cut.  

We enjoyed our morning visit and returned at 4:30 for the afternoon visit - forget the fact that it was near dark already.  One of the care givers told us that Dimitar (Meet-a, as they lovingly call him) cried when he awoke from his nap, afraid that we wouldn't come back.  That broke my heart because now my sweet Ashlyn wakes up wondering why we left her and if we will come back.  Our visit again was filled with much love and curiosity as he loves electronics.  I'm not quite sure, but this 5-year old knows how to use a smart phone...hmm...

This week seems long as I miss my children in the US so much and we have a significant amount of down time.  I know it will mean the world to Meeta (no idea how to spell that).  Excited for tomorrow.  Thank you Lord for answering our prayers and opening his heart to us.